Sunday, July 20, 2008

Stuck in the sauna.

Man, is it hot in baltimore this weekend. I mean oppressively hot. They say it's 95, but fuck man, it feels like it's another 10 degrees hotter. I'm sure the humidity is to blame, at least that's what anyone over 45 or a weatherman lays on you. I went to get brunch by myself at Rocket today, and was sweating after walking two blocks. Two blocks!!! Ridiculous.
I've been going non stop for the last 4 or 5 days, I'm not even sure. I went down to the Warped Tour on Wed., and hung out with some friends who i haven't seen in a long time. Some i didn't even know were there. It was cool to catch up with the Bouncing Souls and Bronx guys, since when I usually run into them i'm on tour working for someone, and can't really hang til i'm done for the night. Matt and Eric from the Strikes were there hangin too. I wound up just hangin and drinking sangria all day, and hanging at rocket at the end of the night.
The next night the Oranges played in DC. Nothing exciting. Minnesota Rachel and her friend came out. Andrew Black was there too, which was cool, wish he'd have stuck around and hung out for a bit. Me and Dave got drunk, and i ate awesome vegan nachos. Kate's friends were wasted, and for some reason were enamored with the fact that i was in a band. i wish i gave a shit that girls thought that was cool, but generally girls like that suck. At least in my experience with them. Whatever, add that to the list of reasons that I'm still single, haha. After we left, me, Roman, and Doug went and got some drinks at rocket. I wound up hanging with Buck til like 4 am.
Friday, aka hell day. Oranges played artscape. It was fucking hot. Got to open for Joan Jett though, which was pretty cool. She was real nice. Some people came out. I was glad I wasn't hungover. That would have been awful. I did sweat like crazy though. Soaked to the bone. There were 2 girls up front that kept giving me sex eyes and it kept making me nervous. i just looked down at the stage or at the weird old dancing woman in the back. By the time Joan Jett went on, i was over it. I hate big crowds, and getting almost trampled by a gaggle of lesbians was not awesome. I went and hung out at Jeff's for a bit after the show, and then me and him took a cab over to Frijoles. just hung there, and then kicked it late night with Jesse, tom, and peter. it was cool, just drinking, bullshitting, and listening to records. Sausage party.
Last night i had to play a show and work at the same time. nothing exciting, didn't do a whole lot. hit myself a bunch, threw the mic into my eye at one point. Broke up a fight at one point, and that's about it. Hung out with Chuck and Cris after work, had a beer and went home.
Real exciting, and relatively lonely. Single summer 08 rolls on.

No comments: