Wednesday, December 24, 2008

New Haven,CT

Wow, what an awful, stressful drive. We left the venue and it was snowing lightly until we hit the city limits of Montreal. Then it was like a fucking blizzard. I went up front to smoke, and chat w/ the bus driver, and it was gnarly. I could feel the tires of the bus sliding. It was pretty nerve wracking. We didn't drink too much because of the border crossing. We actually got through real quick, because the weather was shitty, and the guards didnt feel like searching our shit. We also look like we're not total shitbags, either, so that probably helps. We got through, and the roads were straight up covered in snow. like 6 inches of snow. It sucked.
I sat up with Tim and Tom for a while, cause we were all freaked out by the shit on the roads. Eventually, i tried to go to sleep, and got to bed around 6 or 7 am. When we woke up in New Haven, it was like 50 degrees! I was stoked, it was like summertime. We loaded in, and while hanging around outside with Steve, i got in the best "Eww Yo!" of the tour. 2 girls, who were fairly attractive, walked by in sweatpants, and out came the "Eww Yo!", loud as shit. Steve busted out laughing, equally as loud. It was pretty enjoyable. We all got a good laugh out of it. When the dudes were soundchecking, i did all my merch work,so i was done waaaaay early today. I was stoked. Me and Mo did some dumb moshing while the dudes were practicing some new songs. Andrew came down and joined us for our little homosexual dance party.
After soundcheck, and our little jazzercise session, me and Mo went to get some lunch, and got a bomb ass pizza from the shop next door. We also got a bunch of fried food as an appetizer. Truly a last day of tour feast. After gorging ourselves we went back to the bus, to chill, since the show didnt start for another few hours. This turned into walking around and wasting money. I bought a new hat, some socks and underwear, since i needed some, and wasn't doing laundry til i got home.
The show was cool. Noelle and Alix came out, and it was rad to see them and hang out for a while. Alix took a bunch of sweet pictures, which i'll post in the next entry. We hung out, had drinks, and Elle brought me some merch helpers. They drastically increased my PMA, for sure.
When the show was done, we loaded up the trailer for the last time, and me and Tom were the only ones on the bus, heading to jersey, seeing as how everyone else went home with their significant others. We had a good long brodown. I was stoked, me and him got a lot closer on this tour. I love that guy. we drank some beers and went to bed. Tour, officially over.

No comments: