Sunday, December 21, 2008

So close, and so far.

The last day in canada is finally upon us. The vast amount of country that we've covered over the last two weeks, has been snow covered, and cold. Today was no exception. It was overcast, snowy, and overall just a nasty day. The venue looks like it's from the land that time forgot. An old school gymnasium type of setting. The dressing room looks like an old high school locker room. It was like stepping into gym class in 1976. They had a room there, that was just dedicated to fencing. It was pretty weird. We were shooting pictures in there of all of us stabbing each other in the mask with swords. Totally not weird at all, right? All in all, it was pretty fun.
The show was on the hockey rink of the place, of course. I'm convinced i'll just get to go to hockey rinks here, without seeing any hockey get played. They just covered the floor with rubber, which let me tell you, did absolutely nothing to insulate anything about it. My feet were fucking freezing all night long. It was fucking terrible. I wore 3 pairs of socks. Three!!! The whole place was probably about 50 degrees, until kids started filling the place up. They situated me next to the stage, which is great, cause it was gonna be loud as fuck. It was also primarily french speaking kids,and my french fucking sucks. Unless it's french kissing, then i'm the fucking best, but that's a story for another time. It took me forever to wait on getting counted in and what not, so my time to go adventure was pretty non existant, today. I just did some emails, posted a blog, and filled out paperwork for my taxes and stuff. Nothing exciting at all.
The plus side was the my friend Judy was coming out. I missed her when her and her boyfriend were in Baltimore over the summer. They were in town for a wedding, but i was away with the Oranges. Unfortunately, she was taking exams and wouldn't get to the show until 10 or so, when it was pretty much gonna be over. However, a gunman apparently started shooting up the school, which we were also on the campus of. She got out of her last exam, and was able to show up early. I was glad she was safe, and stoked we could hang out. On the other hand, the thought of a gunman wandering the University of Montreal was an interesting thought. Especially on a night where there was a 5000 person, sold out show in their Hockey Arena/Gymnasium time travel portal.
We hung during the show and it was fun. As has been par for the course, Geoff was about to say his usual bit about me, but decided to bring Sage up for a song, and had him do the honors since it was the last day we had with Sage, and the Rise Againsts. Instead of something funny, he went straight for the jugular, haha. He told everyone i had a mild case of herpes, a European Vacation reference. I was stoked, laughed, and did not expect the harassment that i got from the kids because of it. It was funny when i was half drunk screaming, "Jesus Christ! I don't have herpes" to a bunch of french Canucks. I'm pretty sure they didnt understand anything, maybe except the word herpes. *For the record, i do not have herpes. Sayin.
After the show i packed up my stuff, and stuffed it into the back of the trailer. Me and Judy hopped into a cab, and headed straight to Lafleur's. One of my favorite spots in Montreal, that isnt a bar. Tofu dogs and Poutine. It was awesome,and fucking tasty. It was rad to hang with her and catch up. I hadn't seen her in a long time,even though we talk fairly often, it was nice to do it in person for a change. I got back to the bus, and we said goodbyes to everyone, and headed for the border. Next stop, USA!!!

No comments: