Monday, March 16, 2009

Kansas City. Louisville. Day Off.

So Kansas City was pretty awesome. Sherry and Steve came by after load in, since they were in town the night before to see the get up kids. We hung out for a couple hours, and got some lunch. I was stoked to hang out, for sure. The show was cool, i guess, it was about a thousand degrees after they got things going. I wound up seeing me friends Keenan and Rob, so it was fun reminiscing with those dudes. After the show we wound up going to some rock and roll bar. It was cool for about 5 minutes, then the live music started. We stuck around for about 5 minutes, then went back to the bus. I stayed up hanging out with Neltie for a little bit. Then I went to bed. Yaaay tour.

The next day was louisville. A place i love to go to, when i'm on tour. Unfortunately the venue wasnt downtown. It was in the ghetto on the outskirts of town. It was also flanked by 2 flea markets, and the venue itself was a bomb shelter. It was pretty ridiculous. We sat around all day and kept making random trips into the flea markets to look around. I wound up buying a new beanie, and a few 45's. I talked with V for awhile before doors, and then ran in when they opened up the gates. The show was relatively boring, with a couple exceptions. The Ernie Ball band wound up cancelling, so that fucking ruled. One less shitty band a day always makes me happy. Towards the end of the show, I registered to win the Ernie Ball guitar giveaway contest. I won. I was pumped, cause i can sell that shit when i get home for a few hundred bucks i hope. A few kids were kinda shitty, but being in the bible belt, about 80% of the kids were cool. After the show we went to Denny's again, for one of their meet and great post show dinner things. I enjoyed a moons over my hammy, sans the hammy. Then i went back to the bus, and we got on the road. We stopped an hr into the trip, because Four Year Strong's driver didn't clear an overpass, and broke some stuff on the top of their bus. While waiting for them, i smoked some weed, and played video games. That was a decent end to my night.

Today we are in valdosta, ga. We are enjoying our day off, and i got some new socks, flip flops, and money bags. We just kinda bummed around all day. I also took a shower today and feel fucking awesome! A little bit ago we went to dinner for mexican food, and are now sitting on the bus watching home makeover shows. It was a pretty decent day. i really want to have a drink today, though, and that kind of sucks. I wish there were a way to curb wanting it, but trying to break a 10 year old habit is kinda tough, ya know? We're here for a few more hours, then onto Ft. Lauderdale!!!

No comments: